Lil Baby’s “My Turn” Named Best Selling Album For 2020! On January 7, MRC data revealed that Lil Baby’s My Turn was last year’s most popular album throughout all genres in the United States.
The album has catapulted the Atlanta born artist’s meteoritic rise into the upper cadre of rap’s next generation of superstars.
My Turn earned a whopping 2.63 million total album-equivalent units for the project to take top position over Taylor Swift’s Folklore at No. 2 (2.204 million).
Baby’s sophomore album also emerged as the most-streamed effort of the year with the collection of tracks, banking 3.93 billion streams in 2020.
Hip-Hop was well represented across the top 10.
The rapper released My Turn on February 28 2020. The album debuted atop the Billboard 200 with approximately 197, 000 total album-equivalent units and held Position 1 for 5 weeks in a row.
The album reportedly earned over $19 million and became the first 2020 project to go multi-platinum.
Below is the entire list of albums.
1. Lil Baby, My Turn (2.632 million)
2. Taylor Swift, Folklore (2.204 million)
3. Pop Smoke, Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon (2.198 million)
4. The Weeknd, After Hours (2.032 million)
5. Juice WRLD, Legends Never Die (1.990 million)
6. Post Malone, Hollywood’s Bleeding (1.895 million)
7. Lil Uzi Vert, Eternal Atake (1.860 million)
8. Roddy Ricch, Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial (1.792 million)
9. Harry Styles, Fine Line (1.522 million)
10. Luke Combs, What You See Is What You Get (1.475 million)